EDEN PARK NEWS
PBIS - Our new PBIS program is off to a great start. Students are earning dolphin dollars for being respectful, responsible and ready to learn. You should have received a copy of our school matrix that outlines what these qualities look like in all areas of our school. This was placed in the back of your child's blue communication folder. Please take a moment to review it with your child to help him/her earn more dolphin dollars.
- If you haven't logged onto Aspen Parent Portal please do so ASAP. It is extremely important for the school to have the most current contact information for your family.
- Coffee at the curb - This year we will be hosting a monthly coffee at the curb! Parents are invited to grab a free cup of coffee and chat with Mrs. Sevigny about upcoming activities, ask questions, etc. We'll be out there come rain or shine! Our First Coffee at the curb is this Friday, September 28, 2018 from 8:00am - 8:25am. Most of our scheduled events will be held on the last Friday of the month.
- Shadow a student - Several members of our staff will be participating in the Shadow a Students challenge. This amazing experience allows us to truly understand the student experience. For more information visit shadowastudent.org.
- Weather - Please dress your child in layers as the weather gets cooler. We will go outside as much as we possibly can. Students should wear layers so that they will be warm outside but can remove the layers in the warmer classrooms.
- Our kindergartens are participating in the Boston Public Schools literacy curriculum this year. We are so excited to see how much our littlest learners are able to do at the end of the year. Please save your toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls, bottle caps, beads, buttons etc. Send them in, we will put the "beautiful things" to good use.
- The rest of our classrooms are continuing our work with the Highlander Institute to expand our blended and personalized learning at Eden Park. We are very excited to share our hard work so be sure to follow me on Twitter @MrsSevigny for classroom highlights.